влада, вибори, народ
Через обстріл Нікополя постраждав цивільний – голова області
Російська армія також обстріляла Червогогригорівську та Мирівську громади в Нікопольському районі з важкої артилерії
…
By Gromada | 03/24/2023 | Повідомлення, Суспільство
Prosecutor Rejects Republicans’ Demand He Hand Over Documents in Trump Investigation
The New York City prosecutor on Thursday rejected a demand by congressional Republican lawmakers that he hand over documents linked to his investigation of former President Donald Trump’s $130,000 hush money payment to a porn star ahead of the 2016 election to buy her silence about an affair she claims to have had with Trump.
The office of Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg assailed the request earlier this week by three committee chairmen in the House of Representatives as “an unlawful incursion into New York’s sovereignty.” The three lawmakers — Jim Jordan, James Comer and Bryan Steil — had called Bragg’s investigation of Trump an “unprecedented abuse of prosecutorial authority.”
Bragg’s general counsel, Leslie Dubeck, told the lawmakers that their letter “only came after Donald Trump created a false expectation that he would be arrested [Tuesday] and his lawyers reportedly urged you to intervene. Neither fact is a legitimate basis for congressional inquiry.”
“If a grand jury brings charges against Donald Trump, the DA’s Office will have an obligation, as in every case, to provide a significant amount of discovery from its files to the defendant so that he may prepare a defense,” Dubeck wrote.
The Republican committee chairmen had told Bragg, “You are reportedly about to engage in an unprecedented abuse of prosecutorial authority: the indictment of a former president of the United States. This indictment comes after years of your office searching for a basis — any basis — on which to bring charges.”
Lawmakers refer to case as ‘zombie’
On Thursday, Jordan, an Ohio congressman, demanded testimony and documents from Mark Pomerantz and Carey Dunne, two former New York prosecutors who had been leading the Trump case before quitting last year when Bragg appeared to have abandoned the Trump investigation.
“Last year, you resigned from the office over Bragg’s initial reluctance to move forward with charges, shaming Bragg in your resignation letter — which was subsequently leaked — into bringing charges,” Jordan wrote in the letter to Pomerantz. “It now appears that your efforts to shame Bragg have worked as he is reportedly resurrecting a so-called ‘zombie’ case against President Trump using a tenuous and untested legal theory.”
Trump has not been charged in the case, although the grand jury investigation is continuing.
Bragg has been bringing witnesses before the 23-member grand jury to testify about the payment to porn star Stormy Daniels, hush money to silence her for what she alleges was a one-night affair with Trump in 2006 at a hotel where Trump was attending a golf tournament. Trump has long denied the affair.
Probe focuses on payment
The investigation centers in part on details of the payment made to Daniels and whether the transaction amounts to a criminal offense. If charged, Trump would be the first-ever U.S. president indicted in a criminal case.
Trump’s one-time lawyer and political fixer Michael Cohen wrote her a check out of his personal funds and then was reimbursed by Trump, who recorded it as a business expense for legal fees to Cohen on the ledgers of the Trump Organization, his real estate business, rather than recorded as a campaign expense related to his successful 2016 run for the presidency.
Cohen served more than a year in prison for his role in the payment and other offenses. He since has turned into a sharp Trump critic and grand jury witness against him.
Trump announced his intention to seek the 2024 Republican presidential nomination months ago and says he would keep campaigning even if he is charged with a criminal offense. Numerous national polls show him as the front-runner for the Republican nomination, although several other Republicans have either announced their own candidacies or said they are seriously considering a race against Trump.
Trump had regularly lambasted the New York investigation as a political witch-hunt and called Bragg, who is Black, a “racist.”
Trump was impeached twice during his presidency, once in 2019 over his conduct demanding Ukraine investigate then candidate Joe Biden ahead of the 2020 presidential election, and again in 2021 over the attack on the U.S. Capitol by his supporters. He was acquitted by the Senate both times.
Some material in this report came from The Associated Press.
…
By Polityk | 03/24/2023 | Повідомлення, Політика
Кличко: з 1 квітня у Києві відкриють станцію метро «Гідропарк», станція «Дніпро» і далі буде закрита
Рух поїздів «червоною» гілкою підземки під час повітряних тривог здійснюватиметься від станції «Академмістечко» до станції «Арсенальна»
…
By Gromada | 03/23/2023 | Повідомлення, Суспільство
Весняні канікули для столичних школярів розпочнуться 27 березня – КМДА
Канікули триватимуть тиждень, до 3 квітня
…
By Gromada | 03/23/2023 | Повідомлення, Суспільство
Парламент Ісландії визнав Голодомор геноцидом українського народу – Зеленський
Нещодавно таке визнання зробили Бельгія і Болгарія
…
By Gromada | 03/23/2023 | Повідомлення, Суспільство
Виправдовував агресію РФ: справу прислужника монастиря УПЦ (МП) на Київщині передали до суду
За даними слідчих, обвинувачений «чекав захоплення окупантами столиці й інших регіонів країни»
…
By Gromada | 03/23/2023 | Повідомлення, Суспільство
Новопризначений міністр освіти Лісовий подав на перевірку свою дисертацію
Оксен Лісовий каже: у разі виявлення будь-яких порушень, відмовиться від ученого ступеня кандидата наук
…
By Gromada | 03/23/2023 | Повідомлення, Суспільство
Обстріли Херсонщини: один загиблий, двоє поранених і атакований обласний кардіоцентр
Одна людина загинула, ще двоє жителів Херсонської області поранені внаслідок обстрілу з боку російських війська за минулу добу, повідомляє Херсонська обласна військова адміністрація.
«Російські загарбники 54 рази атакували мирні населені пункти Херсонської області. Випустили 319 снарядів із мінометів, РСЗВ, артилерії, танків і безпілотників. Житлові квартали Херсона російські військові обстріляли п’ять разів. У місті пошкоджено приватні та багатоквартирні будинки», – йдеться в повідомленні.
Повідомляється, що влучання зафіксували в Херсоні (Корабельному та Дніпровському районах) Антонівці, Молодіжному, Зеленівці. Крім того, було обстріляно острівну та берегову частину Херсонської МТГ (дачні ділянки).
Оперативне командування «Південь» повідомляє, що війська РФ уночі обстріляли Херсонський обласний кардіологічний центр, пошкоджено фасад будівлі і внутрішні приміщення.
За даними Міністерства охорони здоров’я, за рік повномасштабної війни війська РФ пошкодили або зруйнували в Україні понад 1200 об’єктів сфери медицини.
Українські військові деокупували правобережну частину Херсонської області впродовж літа-осені 2022 року. Обласний центр був звільнений 11 листопада 2022 року.
Майже одразу після цього російські війська розпочали артилерійські обстріли Херсона та підконтрольних українському уряду районів області.
Москва від початку повномасштабного вторгнення заперечує цілеспрямовану атаку на цивільних, попри наявність свідчень і доказів цього.
…
By Gromada | 03/23/2023 | Повідомлення, Суспільство
Court Orders Trump Lawyer to Provide Documents in Mar-a-Lago Case
A federal appeals court in a sealed order Wednesday directed a lawyer for Donald Trump to turn over to prosecutors documents in the investigation into the former president’s retention of classified records at his Florida estate.
The ruling is a significant win for the U.S. Justice Department, which has focused for months not only on the classified documents found at Mar-a-Lago but also on why Trump and his representatives resisted demands to return them to the government. It suggests the court has sided with prosecutors who have argued behind closed doors that Trump was using his legal representation to further a crime.
The order was reflected in a brief online notice by a three-judge panel of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit. The case is sealed, and none of the parties in the dispute is mentioned by name.
But the details appear to correspond with a secret fight before a lower court judge over whether Trump lawyer M. Evan Corcoran could be forced to provide documents or give grand jury testimony in the Justice Department special counsel probe into whether Trump mishandled top-secret information at Mar-a-Lago.
Corcoran is regarded as relevant to the investigation in part because last year he drafted a statement to the Justice Department asserting that a “diligent search” for classified documents had been conducted at Mar-a-Lago in response to a subpoena. Weeks later, FBI agents searched the home with a warrant and found roughly 100 additional documents with classified markings.
Another Trump lawyer, Christina Bobb, told investigators last fall that Corcoran had drafted the letter and had asked her to sign it in her role as a designated custodian of Trump’s records.
A Justice Department investigation led by special counsel Jack Smith and his team of prosecutors is examining whether Trump or anyone in his orbit obstructed its efforts to recover all the classified documents — which included top-secret material — from his home. No charges have been filed.
Other legal threats
The inquiry is one of multiple legal threats Trump faces, including probes in Atlanta, Georgia, and Washington over his efforts to undo the election result and a grand jury investigation in New York over hush money payments. The New York case appears to be nearing completion and building toward an indictment.
Last week, Beryl Howell, the outgoing chief judge of the U.S. District Court, directed Corcoran to answer additional questions before the grand jury. He had appeared weeks earlier before the federal grand jury investigating the Mar-a-Lago matter but had invoked attorney-client privilege in declining to answer certain questions.
Though attorney-client privilege shields lawyers from being forced to share details of their conversations with clients before prosecutors, the Justice Department can get around that if it can convince a judge that a lawyer’s services were used in furtherance of a crime — a principle known in the law as the crime-fraud exception.
Howell ruled in the Justice Department’s favor shortly before stepping aside as chief judge Friday, according to a person familiar with the matter, who was not authorized to discuss a sealed proceeding and spoke to The Associated Press on the condition of anonymity. That ruling was subsequently appealed, and the court records show the dispute before the federal appeals panel concerned an order that was issued last Friday by Howell.
The three-judge panel that issued the decision included Cornelia Pillard, an appointee of former President Barack Obama, and J. Michelle Childs and Florence Pan, both appointees of President Joe Biden. The order came just hours after the court imposed tight deadlines on both sides to file written briefs making their case.
A lawyer for Corcoran did not immediately return a phone call seeking comment Wednesday, and a lawyer for Trump declined to comment on the sealed order.
…
By Polityk | 03/23/2023 | Повідомлення, Політика
Росія тримає 15 кораблів у Чорному морі, з них три ракетоносії – ОК «Південь»
«Сумарний залп «Калібрів» може сягати 2️0 (якщо, звісно, то не був «джанкойський вантаж»
…
By Gromada | 03/23/2023 | Повідомлення, Суспільство
Російський удар по гуртожитку на Київщині: кількість жертв зросла до восьми – ДСНС
«Постраждало сім осіб та врятовано одну особу»
…
By Gromada | 03/23/2023 | Повідомлення, Суспільство
Поліція повідомила про сьому жертву атаки військ РФ по гуртожитку та навчальному закладу на Київщині
Роботи з розбору завалів тривають
…
By Gromada | 03/22/2023 | Повідомлення, Суспільство
Мирний житель загинув через підрив на вибухівці на Херсонщині
Чоловік натрапив на російську вибухівку під час польових робіт, повідомляє ОВА
…
By Gromada | 03/22/2023 | Повідомлення, Суспільство
Кількість жертв атаки дронів у Ржищеві на Київщині зросла до шести. Троє людей не виходять на зв’язок
Вісьмох людей госпіталізовано з різними ступенями травм, зокрема дитину
…
By Gromada | 03/22/2023 | Повідомлення, Суспільство
ДБР повідомило про підозру командиру львівського «Беркуту» за участь у вбивствах активістів Майдану
Державне бюро розслідувань повідомило про підозру черговому колишньому командиру батальйону міліції особливого призначення «Беркут» ГУМВС України, повідомляє у середу пресслужба відомства.
«Під його керівництвом підрозділ з Львівщини разом з іншими 18 лютого 2014 року застосували фізичну силу, спецзасоби, у тому числі світло-шумові гранати виробництва РФ, помпові рушниці, що були споряджені патронами зі свинцевою картеччю, проти мітингувальників на вул. Інститутській в м. Києві та прилеглих до неї вулицях. У результаті таких дій загинуло 3 особи та близько 200 отримали тілесні ушкодження, у тому числі й вогнепальні, різного ступеня тяжкості. Фігурант підозрюється у перевищенні службових повноважень, вчиненні терористичного акту, організації спричинення тяжких тілесних ушкоджень, а також вчиненні умисних вбивств та закінчених замахів на вбивство двох і більше учасників акцій протесту», – повідомили в ДБР.
Вирішується питання щодо обрання чоловікові запобіжного заходу.
Напередодні в Офісі генпрокурора повідомили, що екскомандиру кримського «Беркуту» повідомлено про підозру у державній зраді.
21 листопада 2013 року в Україні почався Євромайдан. Він став відповіддю на рішення влади зупинити підготовку до підписання Угоди про асоціацію з ЄС. Протести набули більших масштабів після розгону 30 листопада і тривали до лютого 2014 року. Силовики кілька разів намагалися розігнати учасників протестів.
За даними прокуратури, всього під час Революції гідності постраждали 2,5 тисячі людей, 104 її учасники загинули – більшість у лютому 2014 року. Згодом загиблих учасників акцій протесту почали називати Небесною сотнею. За даними Міністерства внутрішніх справ, від 18 лютого по 2 березня 2014 року під час виконання службових обов’язків у центрі Києва загинули також 17 силовиків.
…
By Gromada | 03/22/2023 | Повідомлення, Суспільство
Міненерго: генерація електроенергії забезпечує потреби споживачів, у двох областях можливі обмеження
Протягом останньої доби відновлено електропостачання близько 3500 абонентам у Донецькій та близько 2000 – у Харківській областях
…
By Gromada | 03/22/2023 | Повідомлення, Суспільство
У Криму по радіо оголосили поради щодо евакуації і повітряної тривоги. Окупаційна влада заявила про «злом»
Призначений Москвою очільник Севастополя Михайло Развожаєв заявив, що Чорноморський флот РФ був атакований морськими дронами
…
By Gromada | 03/22/2023 | Повідомлення, Суспільство
Загроза ударів дронами на Київщині: обласна влада попереджає про роботу ППО
Адміністрація закликала жителів перебувати в безпечних місцях до відбою тривоги, а також не публікувати роботу засобів ППО
…
By Gromada | 03/22/2023 | Повідомлення, Суспільство
Російські війська обстріляли сім громад Сумської області – ОВА
За даними обласної влади, внаслідок обстрілів мирні жителі не постраждали
…
By Gromada | 03/22/2023 | Повідомлення, Суспільство
«Мавка. Лісова пісня» стала найкасовішим українським фільмом за часи незалежності – Держкіно
«Лише за три вікенди в українському прокаті на мультфільм було продано 642 671 квиток, а бокс-офіс склав 81 848 415 гривень»
…
By Gromada | 03/21/2023 | Повідомлення, Суспільство
Для Київщини затверджено програму розвитку української мови до 2025 року
Лідером з безкоштовних мовних курсів в Україні є Київська область та Київ, каже мовний омбудсмен
…
By Gromada | 03/21/2023 | Повідомлення, Суспільство
На засіданні Ставки йшлося про ситуацію на фронті, ймовірні дії військ РФ і захист інформації – ОПУ
Президент України Володимир Зеленський постійно збирає засідання Ставки
…
By Gromada | 03/21/2023 | Повідомлення, Суспільство
На підконтрольну владі України територію вдалося повернути ще 15 дітей – омбудсмен
Це діти з міст Харківської та Херсонської областей
…
By Gromada | 03/21/2023 | Повідомлення, Суспільство
На Київщині та Житомирщині можливі відключення електроенергії – Міненерго
Тривають ремонтні роботи на об’єктах мережевої інфраструктури, що постраждали внаслідок останнього масованого обстрілу
…
By Gromada | 03/21/2023 | Повідомлення, Суспільство
У Києві вранці спостерігається погіршення стану повітря – КМДА
Ймовірною причиною тимчасового погіршення стану повітря називають метеорологічні умови, а також пожежі в Київській області
…
By Gromada | 03/21/2023 | Повідомлення, Суспільство
Радіо Свобода запускає ранковий ефір «Свобода.Ранок»
Новий ранковий проєкт стартує з 22 березня
…
By VilneSlovo | 03/21/2023 | Повідомлення, Свобода слова